As this new illness spreads, Athelas Therapy would like to take a few minutes to talk about what we’re doing to provide as safe an environment as possible.
- This is a one woman operation. I am most likely the only person you will see here. I don’t book back-to-back appointments. You will not be in a waiting room with a dozen other people. At most, you might see my husband. You will see the dog; she will make sure of that.
- As always, each client has fresh, clean linens, hands are washed frequently, and any tools used are sanitized.
- The guest bathroom is supplied with soap, paper towels, bleach wipes, and paper toilet seat covers.
- The bathroom and treatment studio are sanitized between clients.
- We ask that shoes be removed in the entryway, to prevent tracking of anything.
- We are working on a more in-depth strategy to implement, should the need arise.
*Points 2-4 are known as universal precautions. Other than the toilet seat covers, these have always been the case.
Athelas is a trusted service provider for a number of immuno-compromised clients, and we are confident that we can continue to provide the highest standards of care our industry offers.